Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today I had top one of the top 5 most amazing experiences of my life. We do two shifts a day both at different orphanages (there are about 6) and my morning one was at Casa Esperanza. It is for children (and a few adults) that are highly special needs. At first there was a lot to taken like schedule things, who to feed first, how to bathe them, etc but they are seriously amazing I can already tell. We got to go outside and play with them and they loved when we would push them around the sidewalk. For our lunch break we went into town to get Vitamin C because my roommate was throwing up all night and another girl has pink eye and lets just say that was a fail hahah I walk in.. "necesito vitamin c" they couldn´t decifer past my american accent and so we just gave up haha shoot. after that we went to our second shift and I was with Lora and Pressley and we were going to the off site that is 40 minutes away called Azoegus. It was honestly the poorest conditions I have ever seen (the other main orphanages we work in are pretty nice conditions). We went in and cleaned all the bathrooms.. my mom has taught me well and we made them shine!! after a few moments of gagging i got through it and did my job haha then we got to go out to the little playground they have and play with the kids. imagine tons of 2 to 9 year olds extremely dirty, lots of lice in their hair, and tons of runny noses. but wow did they have so much love to give and were also lacking an insane amount of love. at one point i had a little boy (who reminded me of karson) on my back and two little girls in each arm. they wouldn´t let me put them down.. my muscles are going to get really big!! haha i have never experienced anything like that and my heart really broke. i have never met sweeter kids in my life. i was holding a little girl who was sad because she had been pinched by another boy and because i don´t know very much spanish all i did was hug her and say.. "tu muy bonita" and she got the biggest smile on her face and called me her "amiga" and kissed me on the cheek. i can´t even put into words how amazing it was to be there. i didn´t even mind that they wouldn´t all stop playing (and pulling) my hair and kept trying to kiss me on the mouth hahah don´t worry though i did a deep clean shower when i got home and dodged all the mouth besas :) we don´t go very often to that orphanage but i can´t wait to go back they all cried when we left. it put things into perspective for me being there firsthand. its so hard to comprehend that these amazing kids don´t have families and live like that. i am going to get anna to blog soon about her adventures because she was at different sites today:) sorry i didn´t use very good punctuation and capitalization in this.. it is a spanish keyboard and im not used to it! xoxoxo Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment