Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bonfire!
Dinner out on the deck



Cathedrals in the city

HML hairstyles... skill!!!
more HML hairstyles :)
The days are starting to go by faster and faster!! :) In Malagrose yesterday Laurita´s family came to visit her which was a sad thing to see. There was no love between them and I felt like they didn´t even know her and she kept wanting to come color by us. In the 3 weeks I have been here they haven´t visited once so I take it they don´t very often. It´s just a sad situation because like Lady, her family doesn´t want her to be adopted but they don´t want to take care of her either. I am taking Spanish lessons from this guy named Enrique twice a week and I started two nights ago. Everyone told me I should do it and that he is really young and attractive then he got there and he is old and wrinkly... hahah Long story short no one else wanted to do it so I am doing it by myself and he is so entertaining. When I say a wrong answer or he gets frustrated he stands up and stomps his foot I just say lo siento a lot hahah Last night at HML I got there and Isabel and her little sister Fabiolla were running around yelling my name. It was the cutest! I love them so much. I had a good time in Malagrose this afternoon too... first off Martin kept trying to give me "noogies" so I told him I had eyes in the back of my head (Grandma Vicki style) and I could see him then he was just super freaked out and kept looking and touching the back of my head ahaha I already told Karson but all of the cute little boys remind me of him.. Marcelo who I always play soccer with is just like Karson. He is good at every sport and even though he is in Casa Alegria he is always just hanging out all over the place. He is only 6 but because of his living situations he acts like he is about 16. Today he was helping me wash all the kids hands before dinner and then this song came on the radio he liked so he just started dancing with me! haha So we full on had this big dance party in the middle of getting ready for dinner and all the other kids were just laughing at us like we were crazy. Tomorrow me and a few girls are in charge of making sunday dinner and we are doing bbq chicken and mom´s homemade oreo cookies.. hopefully it will be as big a hit in ecuador as it at home:) It was also really funny today because I was at Casas in the morning and Lorena who is about 5 made me read the same book called "Froggy´s First Kiss" to her literally 6 times ahaha and most the time she just wanted to skip to the part where the little frog got kissed by the other one. I think I have it memorized:) Fun fact: At lunch if the kids don´t eat their food the nuns make them stand on a chair in the corner and that is the ultimate punishment for them and they just stand there and bawl and bawl.. pretty sad!!  LOVE YOU!!! xoxox Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment