Saturday, May 12, 2012

It has been a good couple of days and I am starting to get used to things here! I have yet to change a poopy diaper yet which is surprising but I did have to help bathe a few grown men today which was a new experience for me!! haha I worked in Casa Malagros with my roommate Andrea and it is the house for special needs as well and they are a little older and can understand quite a bit. Martin can understand both spanish and english and is constantly trying to tell us things and it makes me kinda sad when I can´t figure out what he is trying to say because he gets frustrated too. My goal is to be able to communicate with him better. At Malagros there is also little baby Orvie who is soooo cute!! Its really sad because he has a disorder where his muscles aren´t very strong and they have been trying to put him in a wheelchair without kneck support and you can tell he is just miserable. I finally found someone harder to feed than Kars.. haha trying to feed Orvie today was quite the experience haha moving his head side to side, blowing bubbles, coughing the sopa all over me hahah love it. Last night we did a talent show with the primary for Mothers Day and it was super fun! We did this interesting dance to "my little buttercup" and i could not stop laughing for some reason. Another little boy did a dance to Michael Jackson.. sparkly jacket.. glove.. the whole bit! Haha he knew the whole dance and was so cute. Me and Anna get to do a shift today together in Casa Alegria. I loooveedd that place. There is the cutest little girl in there named Lady and we instantly bonded and she was just holding my hand and kept running up and giving me hugs hahah At one point she was standing there brushing my hair out of my face and one of the workers just goes "don´t hold lady!!" so obviously im confused and bothered and now i have a beef with that worker ahah just kidding but i guess i will just have to give her lots of hugs when the worker isn´t looking. xoxox Nicole

I forgot to say a couple fun things that happened to me in Casa Malagros. The other day when i was there at the PM shift Martin wanted to read his scriptures so we did. He would get all excited about certain scriptures and would have me mark them. He got baptized last year into the church and it was really cool to see him so excited about it. Even though I used really broken Spanish while reading it he still understood and loved it. This morning in Cunas was good, the little kids were so cute. I got to feed some itty bitty babies and play with them. xoxo Anna
Happy Mothers Day!! We <3 and miss our mamas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment