Thursday, June 14, 2012

Walk in my room and see a girl laying in my bed... hahah never a dull moment with 15 girls in a house.

All the girls from the May group
Buenos Dias familia y amigos! Soooo Yesterday Rosa asked me to take her home with me to the states.... It's awkward sometimes in those situations first because I have mastered the art of speaking Spanglish and rosa doesn't speak that.. Haha and also even if I knew Spanish better what would I say? She is so funny and sweet and it's sometimes hard seeing that side of things.The music scene is also pretty amusing here. They go wild for One Direction and Pit Bull but yet Rosa doesn´t know who Nicki Minaj is... needless to say that kind of upsets me.. hahah just kidding. I have also started dreaming about taking some of the kids home with me.. Last night I dreamed I smuggled Marcelo home and the CIA was after me hahah the kids are amazing and we love them sooo much it's insane. Me and Anna have really learned that we have more love in our hearts for them than we even thought possible! They teach us new things every day :) Today at azogus me and Suzanne were feeling ambitious so we decided to clean both the bathrooms and the kitchen... Without gloves. As sick and twisted as it sounds as we were cleaning we looked up and noticed that the roof was made of cardboard boxes in that area of the house..the spirit came so strong and we both thought of the hymn Because I Have Been Given Much. A lot of times here I have gotten almost angry at how good of living conditions we have at home. Why am I blessed to live the way I do? is a question I'm still trying to figure out. There is a special needs boy Brayan who sits in his crib all day  at azogus so today i decided I was going to chance it and take him outside with me and deal with the consequences. He just cuddled up and was so sweet. Once again... These kids are amazing!! Today has been pretty hard because Rosa dropped the bomb on me that it was her last day working for OSSO and also Linnea and Kylee are leaving. Sometimes living in a house with about 16 girls can get pretty crazy but we have all gotten really close so it´s hard to constantly be having to say goodbye to people when they leave. I was curious before I left what the things I would miss most about home would be (besides people) and I have finally decided.. here is the list in order...: 1. my own shower!!! the idea of being able to take a shower and not have it turn off or turn cold when someone flushes or turns on a sink seems like a dream. 2. Cafe Rio.. weird that we crave it like crazy??? 3. privacy.. if I had a dollar for every time Ive been walked in on indecent... and that´s all I can think of right now. Last night we decided to have a sleepover with a bunch of us in my room and we managed to fit 5 girls on 2 queen size beds. Pretty exciting!! hahah love you all!! and shout out to my poppy!! haha I have no doubt the best dad in the whole world and I hope you have the best Father´s Day ever! I had an experience the other week where I was skyping my dad and there were other girls in the room and when I got off they were all saying things like "oh I wish my Dad acted like yours", or "that´s so cool you and your dad have that good of a relationship". One of those things where I don´t know how I got so lucky to have him! Not to mention he gives the best advice in the whole world and has a way of making me always feel like everything is going to be okay! Love you a lot!!!! Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment