Thursday, June 7, 2012

Eating our treats at the park:)

Giron, Ecuador


What a week it has been :) first it started out by Anna falling asleep in my bed with me and hearing me sleep talk in Spanish... Needless to say I was stoked!! Then, reading scriptures with Martin and having him get mad at me for not opening with a prayer..having him proceed to give the sweetest prayer I've ever heard even though it just sounded like mumbles:) Today we drove 2 hours to the city of Giron and went on a hour and a half hike to the 3rd largest waterfall in South America. We had a few yes man moments...like on the way there when the bus driver asked us if we wanted to ride on top of the bus it took me and anna less than 2 minutes to climb up :) (dont worry mom and dad we didn't die hahah ) then when we got to the waterfall it was freezing and windy and the guide asked us who wanted to jump in first and without even thinking I just yelled me!!!! They tied a rope around my waste told me to watch out for rocks and said I had less than 10 seconds to get to shore after I jumped.( once again I lived:)) Words can't even describe how amazing today was!!  There are certain things that happen here that you can't describe. Like the feeling you get after a orphan asks you if you have parents and you have to look them in the eye and say you do or when you hear a child pray that some day he will get a mommy and a daddy.  Xoxoxo Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment