Sunday, June 3, 2012

It has been an eventful couple of days!! Friday was Kids Day here (yes it´s a for real holiday) and in the morning we got to take the kids horseback riding at the naval base then in the afternoon we got to walk to the park with all of the kids. It was a super fun day and nice to have a change from the normal schedule. I was lucky because somehow I was managing to push Laurita´s wheel chair and hold Christian´s hand as we walked haha now I understand why mom´s always say they need a few more arms. Yesterday me and Kylee had an off in the morning and it was a blast! We slept in, then made breakfast and we got 3 new short term volunteers so we walked into town with them. They were going on their city tour so we kind of separated because we were going to run errands. There was a big parade going on and we realized it was for Kids Day the day before. I feel like there are always fiestas and things going on in town and I think Ecuadorians really know how to have a good time!! haha After we hung out there for awhile we went and picked up my glasses for school and driving and now when I wear them my IQ raises a few notches... haha but now here is the best part of all... we saw the other girls across the street so I lifted up my arms all excited and full on  hit a guy in the face... chances are good that I might have broken his nose.... ahahah I just said "lo siento" and his wife looked like she was going to fight me and he was just holding his nose in pain so I basically just turned the other way, grabbed Kylee and ran. hahah whoops!! We ended the morning off right by buying ourselves some roses for 6 dollars!! Yes it´s pathetic to buy yourself roses but we just thought it would be cool to say we bought flowers from a flower market in Ecuador hahah There was also the big Ecuador v. Argentina futbol game last night and during shift at Milagros in the afternoon all the kids were PUMPED. Christian, Martin, and Marcelo were all in their jerseys and we were doing a countdown the whole time. When I told Martin there was 30 minutes till game time he started yelling and waving his bib around in the air, it was awesome haha! They get really into it over here and even all the nuns were watching the game. On a more sad note we got another baby on Friday and I found out that it is Marcelós sister.. he already has two at OSSO and I guess the social worker found out his mom was pregnant again so she basically hunted her down and once the baby was born had to get her to bring it to the orphanage (for reasons I don´t know) It was the first time in a year since the rest were dropped off and she was just bawling. The whole thing was just a sad situation but they are better off at OSSO. Things are great here and insane that it has already been a month??? yep! Fun fact of the day: both eggs and milk are not refrigerated here. love you all!!! Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment