Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Giron Ecuador



anna babe

serious face
Ecuador is lovelier than ever!! The other morning I was pumped because I got to feed Camilla (one of the new premie babies) I feed her the whole bottle... She proceeds to throw up the entire thing all over me.. Literally a projectile motion ahahah next thing that happened that morning was me and Anna were in the sala playing with the itty bitties and one of the babies kind of looks like a troll and cause she is always laying on her back she has these nasty side mullets so I decided I had had enough so I decided to give her her first haircut haha! Anna stood guard and I just went at it. I know it probably seems like I'm always breaking rules but I justify it by saying it's for the child's benefit :) Today we got to drive 4 hours to the Guayaquil temple! Sooo amazing and it made us realize how lucky we are to have so many temples so close to us. The workers were grateful that we were there and it was funny cause they couldn't pronounce McMillin so they kept saying Micano or something weird like that hahah Guayaquil is like the Vegas of Ecuador and you should have seen how stoked some of the girls were over seeing a  Mcdonalds...  hahah We have all been craving American food like crazy. Things like peanut butter and American candy are basically like gold these days!! Besides wanting American food, you should also see how 15 girls in a house together act when they haven't even been able to hardly look at boys for over a month hahah crazy stuff. Sorry for the side tangent haha but after the temple today we went to this iguana park and  there were just tons of the creatures roaming all over. Surprise surprise nature woman Anna was scared to death:) We are also proud to say we ate from our first sketchy street stand last night as well and our stomaches so far have weathered the storm hahah it was meat on a stick and it was actually really good! When in Ecuador right? The heart break moment of the week was when I was playing with Marcelo and he asked me if I was going to be his "amiga para siempre" (friend forever/friend for always). He is at the age where he understands that people are always walking in and out of his life. Such a hard thing! Also... If anyone wants to adopt my baby Orvie until I am 25 and married I would be forever grateful hahah kinda serious. Haha! Fun fact of the day: KFC is the largest American company in Ecuador. Xoxoxo Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment